Instructions for Museum Passes
To reserve Museum Passes click on this link and follow the instructions below.
Enter your full library barcode number (with no spaces) and your PIN (usually the last 4-digits of your phone number). If you are not able to make the reservation, call the library. Your card may need to be updated.
Phone reservations may be made with by calling (508) 758-4171 and speaking with our staff. Please do not leave voicemail messages with reservation requests.
An adult library card is required to check out museum passes. Please have your card present at check out time.
PLEASE NOTE: Conditions at museums, parks, and zoos are updated during the pandemic depending on safety conditions, and it is important to call before you make your plans.
- Admission costs and other rules for museum pass use are subject to change during the year. We try to keep the information on our website up-to-date, but please be aware that the library staff cannot guarantee admission details and museum or zoo hours. Please consult museum websites for hours and rates.
- Passes cannot be applied to special events, programs, or exhibits.
- Patrons are responsible for the replacement cost of lost passes. Passes that must be returned have a $5 a day late fee.
These are the museums and locations the library currently subscribes to. Please click here to see if the passes are currently available.
Buttonwood Park and Zoo www.bpzoo.org
425 Hawthorn ST New Bedford MA 02740. 508-991-4556.
Admits 4 people per pass FREE. Pass is not available on Mondays, Saturdays, major holidays, or school vacation weeks.
Children's Museum of Greater Fall River www.cmgfr.org
441 North Main St. Fall River MA 02720. 508-672-0033.
Admits 4 people per pass at 50% admission. Please look at visitor guidelines on website before visiting.
Institute of Contemporary Art/Boston: www.icaboston.org
100 Northern Ave., Boston, MA 02210. 617-478-3100.
Each pass allows up to two people to purchase a discounted ticket at the price of $5 each. The ICA is free to children 17 and under.
Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum www.gardnermuseum.org
LIBRARY PASS (PAPER) + CODE ONLINE TICKET NEEDED
280 The Fenway, Boston MA 02115. 617-566-1401.
Each pass admits 4 people per pass at the discounted rate $5 per person. Closed Tuesdays.
MA Dept. of Conservation & Recreation ANNUAL PARKING PASS https://www.mass.gov
Provided by DCR, 251 Causeway ST, Boston MA 02118. 617-626-1250. Admits 1 VEHICLE daily.
Museum of Fine Arts Boston https://www.mfa.org/
465 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115. 617-267-9300.
Admits 2 people at the discounted rate of $10 per person. Youth 17 and under are free. All visitors, including Library Member Discount Coupon Users, are required to reserve their visit online.
Museum of Science, Boston www.mos.org
1 Science Park, Boston, MA 02114. 617-723-2500.
Pass admits four people at half price admission per person. Children under 3 are free. Timed tickets must be reserved by phone after library pass reservation is complete.
Important Information Regarding Reserving Museum of Science, Boston Pass:
Reserve a pass in the Mattapoisett Free Public Library system for the date you plan to visit the Museum. Your email confirmation from the library serves as your pass but you must call the Museum to reserve a timed ticket once you have the confirmation from the Library
1. Call the Museum of Science at 617-723-2500 (daily, 9am – 5pm) to reserve your timed tickets. Up to 4 people are admitted at a 50% discount off of Exhibit Hall admission prices only with each pass and Children under 3 are always free but must have a timed ticket
2. Please call at least 1-2 days ahead of time to reserve your time otherwise the Museum might be fully booked. Your pass can only be used on the date printed on the pass. You will need to provide the name of the library and library number (printed on your reservation) plus the date of your pass.
3. After you make your reservation, the Museum will send you an email confirmation with your reservation time. Please bring both your library pass confirmation and your email confirmation from the Museum when you visit.
4. Show both confirmations at the gate to enter. You do not need to stop at the Box Office.
If you are not able to show your Library confirmation on a phone:
1. Please request a paper copy of your confirmation at the library.
2. Follow steps 1-3 above to reserve your timed ticket and request to pick up your tickets at the Box Office when you arrive. Please write down your ticket confirmation number and bring that and your library confirmation with you to the Museum.
3. Go to the Box Office and provide your name, name of the library and timed ticket confirmation number. The Box Office will give you tickets. Proceed to the gate with your tickets.
New Bedford Art Museum/ ARTWORKS! https://newbedfordart.org/
608 Pleasant St, New Bedford, MA 02740. (508) 961-3072.
Admits 2 people for free. Children under 12 are free with an accompanying adult. Timed entry only. Please call to make a reservation.
Rhode Island School of Design Museum www.risdmuseum.org
20 North Main Street, Providence, RI 02903. 401-454-6500
Pass admits two people for free. Youth 18 and under are free. Free admission on Sundays.
Robbins Museum of Archeology and Ethnology https://www.massarchaeology.
17 Jackson St, Middleborough, MA 02346. 508-947-9005.
The pass admits up to six people for free and the museum is open Wednesdays and Saturdays.
USS Constitution Museum https://ussconstitutionmuseum.org/
Building 22, Charlestown Navy Yard, Charlestown, MA 02129. (617) 426-1812.
Admits 9 people per pass for free admission. Please look at visitor guidelines on website before visiting.
All passes are provided courtesy of The Friends of the Mattapoisett Library.